Monday, February 13, 2012

Storage for dies







I have always liked to be organized. So for that reason is why I always keep my eyes open for new ideas for storing my art "stuff". This is how I store my Tim Holtz dies. I purchased an old overnight case on ebay for $9.00. When I received it I loved all the "scars" of history the item had. I cleaned it up a bit and then began the transformation. I had Tim Holtz's Crowded Attic 12x12 paper stack and had been wanting to use it but had not found the right project to use it one. I used  mod podge and covered the entire suitcase, leaving the leather trim as is. After it was dry, I added buttons, tags, gears and what ever presented it self. I love how it came out. Now I have all my TH's dies in one place. I am able to decorate my room with the case and it is easy to see, move or carry it where ever I need it. Doesn't it look like Tim Holtz? Next I will show you how I store alot of my albums through out the house.

1 comment:

  1. Your case is perfect for your dies! I have been seeing quite a few of these on blogs lately....but of coarse not as cute as your Kanny!

    ReplyDelete