Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Birthday!!!







    Here is the project I have been wanting to make for some time. I wanted to make a "birthday party" collage. This is it. Everything on this piece of art represents something to me in my life time. The girls are of course the "Scrappy Girls".  Everyone of you that has a good friend knows how important they are in your life. I have been lucky to have "3" that mean the world to me. They are the party girls. The numbers represent an age in my life that has great significance. Some of those ages you can probably relate to, like 16, 21 and maybe a couple of others. We don't need to go any further. I was always taught that it was impolite to ask a lady her age......anyway, birthdays are happy times. It means that it is YOUR special day. It's all about you. We all like those times right? That's the day you can have it your way. Do what ever it is that you have been wanting to do. Getting special attention. Receiving lots of gifts...well most of the time. My favorite part is going to dinner with the ones that mean the most to me. Having a fun day. The very best part for me is getting those phone calls all day long from family and friends and sometime getting a surprise from someone you weren't expecting to hear from. Time flies, so go out and make your birthday the very best day of the year.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!.....smile...

2 comments:

  1. Kanny ... This is absolutely darling! You should print out this paragraph here on your blog and glue it to the back..... Are you gonna add more numbers in the future? I hope so.... Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oHHHHH this is so cute! Oh my gosh- everything on this is wonderful and I wish I was looking at it in person... I WILL see it in person someday! As special as this piece is, it doesn't even come close to how special you are. Kandy, you are one-of-a-kind. Everyone who has ever been lucky enough to meet you would agree! Even though we're all far away, you are still the bright little spot of eternal sunshine that forever shines. Speaking for all the Scrappy Girls- we love you!

    ReplyDelete